Thanksgiving Service -- Feel Free to Use/File for Next Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving Eve Service
11/25/2015

Note: this is a sermon-free service. It is a simple outline service with reasons to be thankful and a passage and hymns to go with them. I had one member of the congregation give thanks for each section and ended with a group of thankfulness testimonies. 

It can be adapted for your purposes. We also had two special music numbers. Of course, it could be turned into a sermon-based or devotional emphasis simply by reducing the stanzas, not including a testimonial for each portion or reducing the portions or perhaps a combination of those while expounding on the Scripture. You may also decide to alter the order, add or subtract as this primes your pump, so to speak. 

 Opening Hymn: We Gather Together


I am thankful for my salvation

1 Peter 1:3-10

Calvary Covers It All


I am thankful for God’s sovereignty

Daniel 4:3-5

Have Faith in God


I am thankful for God’s love

John 3:16-17

My Savior’s Love


I am thankful for God’s comfort and care

2 Cor. 1:3-4

Like A River Glorious



I am thankful for what is to come
John 14:1-6

When We All Get to Heaven


I am thankful for God’s Creation

Psalm 19:1-3

All Creatures of Our God and King


I am thankful for God’s blessings

Proverbs 10:6

Proverbs 28:20

Count Your Blessings

Closing HymnNow Thank We All Our God


Popular posts from this blog

Will Russia Invade Ukraine? Moldova? What Should We Believe When Actions and Words Conflict?

My Thoughts on Jesus, Friend of Sinners by Casting Crowns

Sodom and Gomorrah Location Found?