Thanksgiving Service -- Feel Free to Use/File for Next Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving Eve Service
11/25/2015

Note: this is a sermon-free service. It is a simple outline service with reasons to be thankful and a passage and hymns to go with them. I had one member of the congregation give thanks for each section and ended with a group of thankfulness testimonies. 

It can be adapted for your purposes. We also had two special music numbers. Of course, it could be turned into a sermon-based or devotional emphasis simply by reducing the stanzas, not including a testimonial for each portion or reducing the portions or perhaps a combination of those while expounding on the Scripture. You may also decide to alter the order, add or subtract as this primes your pump, so to speak. 

 Opening Hymn: We Gather Together


I am thankful for my salvation

1 Peter 1:3-10

Calvary Covers It All


I am thankful for God’s sovereignty

Daniel 4:3-5

Have Faith in God


I am thankful for God’s love

John 3:16-17

My Savior’s Love


I am thankful for God’s comfort and care

2 Cor. 1:3-4

Like A River Glorious



I am thankful for what is to come
John 14:1-6

When We All Get to Heaven


I am thankful for God’s Creation

Psalm 19:1-3

All Creatures of Our God and King


I am thankful for God’s blessings

Proverbs 10:6

Proverbs 28:20

Count Your Blessings

Closing HymnNow Thank We All Our God


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Call to be a Ragamuffin: A Review of the Movie on Rich Mullins' Life

What's In a Name?

Reproducible Pastoral Training - A Book Review