"Amazing that Christians have come to do this. Our Muslim brothers have not helped at all"


Syrian Refugees 'Horrified' at Possible US Strike, Just Want to Be Left Alone, Says Christian Relief Agency Head

Summary from the article:

"I stood up last week and I announced to the crowd that we have food for them," the World Compassion Ministries founder said.

"We are doing this because we are Christians. We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and Jesus has instructed us to take care of the poor. And that's why we are doing these things," he added.

When asked by the refugee camp leader why Christians would help Muslims, Law quoted from Matthew 25:

"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me."

The response from the Muslim refugees has been one of gratitude, with the camp leader saying: "This is amazing that Christians have come to do this. Our Muslim brothers have not helped at all. To see you doing this is a powerful testimony of your faith."

Law said that he has spoken to and led a number of people to Jesus Christ in the camps, but described the situation in the region as "dire" and called on the Christian community in America to look into ways to help.

"We are looking at rallying Christian organizations in the West. Churches, doctors, anybody like that we can encourage to go over there," he added. "This may be the greatest opportunity Christianity has had in the Middle East, ever."

World Compassion website





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Call to be a Ragamuffin: A Review of the Movie on Rich Mullins' Life

What's In a Name?

Reproducible Pastoral Training - A Book Review