The Parable of the Pizza Order (or at least the moral of the story that it presented to me)

The local Papa John's had a deal on large pizzas that I wanted to take advantage of. So, I tried online but the deal wasn't offered there. Then I tried calling and was put on hold . . . quite a few minutes later, I hung up. Then I called them again and got a busy signal. I had smooth sailing with Domino's online with a great deal. Papa John's lost my business because they weren't available.

I wonder how many times that is true of our churches? Are we available or do we put people on hold? Do people sense a busy signal or perhaps too many hoops to go through or do they get our attention?


May we be like our Master:

“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Luke 11:9-10 (NKJV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Call to be a Ragamuffin: A Review of the Movie on Rich Mullins' Life

What's In a Name?

Reproducible Pastoral Training - A Book Review